Dear Hampton Place Residents,
As you are aware, with minimal notice, Ohio government permitted pools to be open as of May 26 and has put COVID-19 safety mandates in place to help support a safer swimming environment for their patrons. The Homeowners Association committed to working with the Lorain County Department of Health, the pool management company, and others to determine IF and HOW we can open the Hampton Place pool within the mandates.
The mandates are broken into three major categories:
- Social Distancing
- Required Cleaning & Sanitation
After reviewing all the requirements (which can be viewed here), to be compliant with all the measures, requires approximately $13,000 in new, unplanned HOA expenses for the swim season. After collaboration with the various stakeholders, favorable financial adjustments with opening the pool later, and adjustments to the schedule, we created a plan that supports the mandates and allows the Hampton Place to open the pool this season within the 2020 pool budget.
These rules are being put in place with the assumption the Ohio mandates will not change. In the event there is a change, the Board of Directors may adjust the rules accordingly at any time. Always check https://hamptonplace.org/pool for the most up to date rules.
As you review the rules, please remember the goal is to make the pool experience as enjoyable and fair to all residents as possible. We need your support and cooperation to make this a successful, safe and fun pool season. Please be respectful of other residents and the support staff helping us stay compliant and open the pool.
To allow time for all the precautions to be put in place, time to open the pool, along with final training of lifeguard staff, the pool is planned to open Tues, July 7. With Labor Day a week later than normal, this will allow for two full months of swimming.
- Regular Pool Hours will be Tuesday – Sunday, 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
(The pool will be closed on Mondays).
- As in regular seasons, once school is in session, hours will be Tuesday – Friday, 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM, and Weekends 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
POOL RULE UPDATES:
WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE READ ALL OF THE UPDATES HERE WITHIN THE POOL RULES (CLICK HERE).COPIES OF THE FULL COVID-19 RULES WILL BE MAILED OUT TO EACH RESIDENCE.
- Social Distancing
Ohio government mandates 6ft social distancing inside and outside the pool. To help support this mandate, pools are required to limited capacity within the entire pool area including the deck space. Based on the size of our pool, a maximum of 31 residents will be permitted within the pool area at one time. This will be strictly enforced by a hired security guard at the entrance gate.To maximize the number of residents permitted in the pool, NO GUESTS will be permitted. See full rules for non-resident guardians or babysitters. The security guard will also be enforcing this when checking-in residents upon arrival.
- Required Cleaning & Sanitation
Ohio government is mandating that all facilities be sanitized every two hours. A cleaning company has been hired to perform the required COVID-19 level cleaning.To support cleaning requirements (and provide opportunities for as many residents to swim), swim times are going to be broken into four, two-hour* swim blocks.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
The swim blocks will work as follows:
- *The two-hour swim block will actually consist of two 45-minute blocks to swim.
- After the first 45-minute swim block, residents will be asked to leave the pool water (which is already required by law) for the lifeguard to have a 15-minute break. There will be no adult-only swim available.
- After the second 45-minute swim block, ALL POOL ATTENDEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETELY LEAVE THE ENTIRE POOL AREA through the gate to the parking lot to allow cleaning staff to perform deep cleaning of bathroom facilities, gates, etc. as required by Ohio mandates.
- During a swim block, as residents leave the pool area, the equivalent number of people will be permitted to enter the pool area up to the maximum occupancy.
- If a resident(s) leaves the pool area, they forfeit their space within the maximum number of people. They may reenter if space is available up to the maximum occupancy.
- It will be BYOC (bring your own chairs), etc. when coming to the pool. Reuse of community pool furniture, without verifiable consistent cleaning, does not meet the mandates from the state of Ohio. All Hampton Place pool furniture will be removed from the premises until further notice.
- Residents are encouraged to maintain proper social distancing and hygiene including, but not limited to, washing their hands at least once every two hours. Audio and visual reminders will be present throughout the pool area.Additionally, face masks are recommended but not required within the pool area. Masks should not be worn while in the water.
Residents will be held accountable to all rules. Out of fairness to all residents, to help ensure the pool is able to remain open, any non-compliance to the rules, or adversity to those enforcing the rules, may result in suspension of pool membership for a minimum of 7 days and may result in suspension for the remainder of season for the individual and/or entire residence.
This has been a very unexpected year, and we thank all of you for your patience as we navigate these waters (pun intended). We hope to have a fun swim year and appreciate your support and partnership in having a successful swim season.
If you have any questions, we’ll check the FAQ’s below. If your question is not addressed there, please open a ticket to the Homeowners Association here.
~Hampton Place Homeowners Association